%> news-detail | Streaker Class Association
Streaker Association Logo

Nationals re-scheduled for 1st weekend of October

The fleet arrived at Staunton Harold on Friday 2nd July for 3 days of racing in the Streaker Nationals - but the breeze stayed away! Attempts were made to get the startlines and courses set but to no avail. We sailed up and down a bit but with wind shifts of 90 degrees or more, it was clearly impossible to get races underway that would befit a National Championship. 

Therefore, with a forecast for Sunday looking similarly bad, the club offered us a second chance of the Nationals by allowing us to return for a 2-day event on Oct 2nd-3rd. This was put to a competitors' meeting - and we agreed this looked the best option. So, on Saturday afternoon racing was abandoned.

More information will be available very soon about where we stand with entry fees for October and refunds for the weekend just gone. If you have paid the entry fee for the Nationals, watch out for an email from the class secretary in the next few days.

Thank you very much Staunton Harold SC for making this weekend enjoyable despite the lack of wind. What a super club!


More information on

Class Sponsors

Noble MarineRoosterNorth SailsPinnell and BaxSail Register
Streaker Class Logo

Developed & Supported by YorkSoft Ltd